Friday, November 11, 2011

Diaz Sr. revving up for 2012 campaign

State Senator Rev. Ruben Diaz Sr. has taken some flack from his Democratic colleagues and constituents for his stern stance against marriage equality and abortion, so he's out of the gate early with prepping for his next election.

Here's part of the email he sent out to his constituents announcing a fundraising breakfast for tomorrow, Nov. 12:
In preparation for my upcoming re-election for State Senate and in view that many groups and others that are angry with my position against gay marriage and abortion, and are getting together their resources and candidates to run against me and my colleagues in the Senate, who share my position, It is of utmost importance that we come together  and not allow them to catch us off guard. 
Jump below for the full letter.


RUBEN DIAZ FOR STATE SENATE COMMITTEE
 
November 10, 2011

Dear Friend:

I take this opportunity to invite you  to attend and contribute with  a “Ministers Breakfast in support of “Ruben Diaz for State Senate.”

In preparation for my upcoming re-election for State Senate and in view that many groups and others that are angry with my position against gay marriage and abortion, and are getting together their resources and candidates to run against me and my colleagues in the Senate, who share my position, It is of utmost importance that we come together  and not allow them to catch us off guard.

Due to this situation, Bishop Hector Luis Bonano, Coordinator of “CONLICO” has organized a private event to raise funds for my re-election campaign.

This event will take place on Saturday, November 12th at 9:00 a.m. at Maestro’s Caterer’s located at 1703 Bronxdale Avenue in the Bronx.  This will be a “Ministers Breakfast” where each Minister,  friend, or supporter will be able to contribute to my re-election campaign “Ruben Diaz for State Senate.”

First and foremost, I wish to thank Bishop Hector Luis Bonano for this grand initiative and  everyone who will attend or contribute to my re-election campaign.

Hoping that each and everyone of you will understand the urgency, need and importance of your participation and contribution.

Hoping to see you there, I remain.

Sincerely,

Senator Rev. Ruben Diaz

Note: * All Checks or Money Orders must be written to “Ruben Diaz for State Senate”
          *Contributions from Churches or Non-for –Profit  organizations are not permitted by law. 
          *Contributions of $100, $300.00,  or  1,000.00 will be accepted.  The maximum allowed by law is   $10,300.00

No comments:

Post a Comment