Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who's In, Who's Out?

Yesterday, Liz Benjamin at the Daily News wrote a piece that cast a bit of shadow on the presumably inevitable campaign of City Council Majority Leader Joel Rivera in the upcoming special election.

Benjamin asked Assemblyman Jose Rivera, the councilman's father, about his son's presumed campaign, and later if he might run himself. In both cases, Assemblyman Rivera offered some cryptic responses, and confirmed nothing.

I have also heard from a number of sources that Councilman Rivera may not run for borough president. But I've also heard directly from the councilman that he would run. Until I hear otherwise, I'll take the councilman's word for it.

In related news, the loudest rumor of the day is that another City Councilman, Larry Seabrook, is seriously considering a run in the special election. I haven't heard from Seabrook's camp yet to firm this up or shoot it down.

"As far as I know, that is only a rumor," said Seabrook spokesperson Alison Crouch, who said she would get back to me with more info if she had it.

--John DeSio

No comments:

Post a Comment