Friday, August 26, 2011

Diaz staffer and NY1 commentator debate gun violence prevention, hurricane preparations, DD vs. Bustelo, over Twitter

There are certain things in life you never forget. Your first kiss...your wedding...that time you fought a reporter on Twitter because he called out your boss's stance on gun violence prevention...the birth of your first child. Wait, what?

Read from the bottom up to see the entire story. I did my best to include every tweet, though there are certainly a lot of them, so if I missed one or two, I hope it doesn't take away from this legendary tale. It all began four days ago with a tweet from Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr about his upcoming education summit. And ends with Diaz's communications director, John Desio saying he likes Dunkin' Donuts. What a wild ride.

By the way, if anyone involved would like to comment, tweet @mchugh. I'll offer you 140 characters.

UPDATE: It's already been pointed out that I had a mistake in the timeline--I've corrected it. Like I said, there are a lot of tweets, so bear with me!

UPDATE 2: Borrero informed me, via Twitter, that he is not a reporter for NY1. "I'm a Political Commentator not reporter 4 NY1&NY1Noticias. Columnist 4 & PMdrive @am970theapple". Thus the slight headline change. My bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment